Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation"

Happy Birthday, Erika! Can't believe my daughter is 21 today! Wow the years have flown! It's tough being so far away on special occasions, especially a birthday, but I called her VERY early this morning to wish her HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Tonight she was going out to Olive Garden in Idaho Falls with Jack, Jenny (who's visiting her mom in Pocatello), Jenny's mom, Jack's parents, and Jack's uncle. She was excited--I'm sure she'll post birthday photos on her blog soon. My heart has been in Idaho today...


My new job is awesome! Actually, each job I've had at the hospital has been and I work with some of the most fantastic people in the world. They are so kind and compassionate. I got flowers yesterday on my first official day in the new position from the two people I report to. The flowers are beautiful as are Paula and Stacy. They've made me feel so welcome and I appreciate the confidence they have in me. I was not looking for a new position because I love patient care and being on the floor helping others. When asked to help out in this office one day I found out about the position and I felt it was luck. It seemed to be a wonderful opportunity and I truly believe the Lord's hand was guiding me because of the way things worked. I am so grateful for the blessings I've received. Maybe I was just in the right place at the right time? I don't think so--I believe I had a little extra help.


I also believe that we are blessed so many times through other people. I have a new friend, Katherine, who has been in our ward just a short time. She is a military wife and has been awaiting news of whether she and her children would be joining her husband in Germany soon. I know she has missed him so. Well, she received word that they will be going to Germany. She leaves November 1 so it's selfishly a happy/sad feeling I have. It's been fun getting to know her family and we had a blast going to the movies last weekend! She's amazing. Katherine, I'll miss you. Our friendship came about when I really needed a friend. Though it's only been a few weeks it's a friendship that will last. Maybe I'll get to go to Germany someday?! Never been there before! Bon voyage!


By the way, the Family Home Evening Phantom has been on the prowl and hopefully lots of families have been stung by the bug! Ha! Thank you!




1 comment:

Jayne said...

Congrats on your new position. I know they have a lot of confidence in you to persist in offering it to you and trying to come up with a schedule that will best suit you.