Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The first year has been an amazing one!

Joseph and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary on July 4, 2009. It has been an incredible year, one full of so many happy times and packed with memories that I will forever cherish. I am so thankful for all the laughter, the long talks, the walks we've taken, the getaways, the candlelit lunches and dinners, the pillow talk, the love and all the little "life moments" of the past year with Joey. Who would have ever thought that the love-struck teenage love birds who parted ways some 24 and a half years ago would be celebrating their first anniversary this year...for Joseph and me it is a dream come true. For the opportunity for a second chance with the love of my life I am so grateful...
This has been the best year of my life!

Joey surprised me with reservations to Maggie Valley for the weekend and to the place we spent our honeymoon. We arrived Friday night and stayed until Monday afternoon. It was an incredible weekend complete with cool crisp mountain air! (Joey was in heaven after just finishing 3 nights of night-shift in very hot temperatures at work!) We had such a fabulous time.

Cruisin' to the mountains -- it was a such a great weekend!
Blue Ridge Parkway - love the tunnels!

Serious game of putt-putt - Guess who won! Yep, let's just say maybe my golfer hubbie should take me along to do his putting! Ha! Just kidding - he probably just let me win so he could cash in on the bet we made! It was so fun!

Bear , oh my!
And we even stopped at a couple of yard sales in Maggie Valley and Joey found this neat treasure -- an old push mower! (Now I can't use the excuse of not getting the mower to start when the grass needs cutting! Ha!) Just kidding, I have the best yard man around - and he's a fantastic husband! :) I just couldn't believe he got it to fit in the car! Ha!

Okay, this was "Big Witch Lookout Point" but my photographer cut off some of the words...Real cute, Joseph! :) Even when I am a witch at times he still loves me! Ha!

This was taken on our balcony which overlooked this area and the creek (Jonathan Creek). We loved the sound of the running water from the creek and sat by it next to the fire and roasted marshmallows with another family the first night we were there. Peaceful...

This was taken the afternoon we had to check out...We really hated to leave. It was really neat that the lady who owns the lodge remembered us from our honeymoon last year and that we were able to come back for our anniversary.
Same time - same place - next year...
Happy Anniversary, honey. I love you!
Forever,
Just Me :)

3 comments:

Connie said...

Many Happy Returns to you both!!!

Benson Family said...

Sounds like y'all had a great time! Wish I would've known you were there--we were too. We were staying at Mama and Daddy's place right down the road by the fire department.

Jayne said...

I'm so glad that you "took the plunge" last year. You and Joey are the epitome of a happily married couple. Love the pictures!